top of page
1. Address your hopes and dreams and the needs of the employer in your Mission/Goal statement.
2. The 40 second rule, rules; better known as the elevator speech or attention grabber.
3. Do not address yourself in the third person or use the word "I" in the resume.
4. No matter how tempting, never write or say negative comments about your old job.
5. Lack of education does not necessarily mean you are not qualified; experience opens doors.
6. Watch past and present tense when structuring your sentences.
Employers/recruiters want to know why you are the best person for the job. You have 40 seconds to convince them.
Time is of the Essence
bottom of page